Wednesday, August 27, 2008

misdirected email

In the chuckle-worthy category today I got an email from the former tenant of my current house. (Most of my contact prior to moving in was with him as opposed to the owners, because he and his wife were trying to get out of their lease in order to buy a house elsewhere, so the responsibility was on them to find a new tenant...)

Today he forwarded me the confirmation email from Sam's Club for his purchase of a new bed.

The apology email came through at the same time, so he was aware of his blunder, but offered no explanation. So I felt need to spend two minutes thinking about it. It didn't take long for me to remember his wife's first name starts with the same few letters as mine. I, too, have been bit in the arse by the autofill option in the "to" field. Never resulting serious personal or professional detriment, just requiring a little explanation to the unintended recipients.

Anyone ever have a truly blush-worthy misdirected email, or one which tarnished your professional standing?

No comments: