Friday, September 26, 2008

budget hair

I haven't worked since the first week of March, and so the luxury lifestyle went out the window some time ago. And then some basic creature comforts were sacrificed. And now I'm living on pasta or rice with some butter and salt and pepper and drinking only water (okay, maybe that's exaggerating, but you get the idea.)

My semi-regular salon visit for a haircut is off the books until further notice. As a result, I've taken to cutting my own hair. Well, I hack it to the length I want, then my dad evens / straightens. (He's got all the tools a good military barber needs -- not sure how much experience he has on women's hair, or non-military cuts, but he's got the basics of shape, for sure.)

As I have recently moved back to the east coast, I am once again coming to grips with my curly/wavy hair and I can't say I've got a handle on how it behaves in the humidity. The past week or so I haven't spent much time on it, and most days it ends up looking like Kitty from "That 70s Show". Not feeling so sexy these days. I mean, it's great on that character, but I don't have the retro wardrobe to pull off the look.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I am dying to see that hair on you. Riot!

Lucky me... I got in on my salon's 'teaching night' and got my hair colored (highlights AND lowlights) for $30 - as opposed to the 80-100 bucks it would have cost normally.

Really great considering I haven't been able to get my hair highlighted for 1.5 to 2 years.

Of course Bernie couldn't tell the difference.

Tammy